Description of Therapeutic Services
I specialize in various modalities, you will find some interesting details about the techniques and benefits of each therapy. You have a choice of a single or combination massage (ex. Swedish-Deep Tissue Massage from medium to firm pressure). If you are interested in any of these therapies listed below, you can click on "Prices for Services" page for prices.
- Swedish Massage is a very relaxing and therapeutic style of bodywork. It combines oils or lotion with an array of strokes such as rolling, kneading, and percussion to help the body improve its circulation. The benefits of this type of bodywork are wide-ranging and include relief from aches and pains, decreased stress levels in the body, enhanced mental clarity, improved appearance, and greater flexibility.
- Deep Tissue Massage is a form of bodywork that aims to relieve tension in the deeper layers of tissue in the body. It is a highly effective method for releasing chronic stress areas due to misalignment, repetitive motions, and past lingering injuries. Due to the nature of the deep tissue work, open communication during the session is crucial to make sure you don’t get too uncomfortable. Keep in mind that soreness is pretty common after the treatment, and that plenty of water should be ingested to aid with the flushing and removal of toxins that will have been released from the deep tissue during the session
- Pregnancy massage is beneficial throughout the entire nine months of the pregnancy; however, if you are having a high risk pregnancy it is best to discuss your condition with your midwife or physician before seeking a therapist. After doing so you may be able to receive massage work with a written release. Pregnancy massage can include anything from a full body Swedish massage to light massage work that might include other modalities such as circulatory work or cranial sacral therapy. The mother will be supported with pillows as she lies on her side. She will be draped with a sheet and only the body part that is being worked will be exposed. The benefits are swelling reduction in hands, feet and ankle, eases muscular discomforts in areas like the low back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body, helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby and strengthens the immune system.
- Hot Stone massage is the overall feeling of spiritual well-being that clients are left with. The stones relax the muscles, allowing the mind to calm and assume a meditative state. This frame of mind is energizing and restorative. When combined with essential oils meant to stimulate certain sense, this can be a very beneficial treatment. The heat from the stones restores energy flow, and will help to balance and harmonize the body. Also, other benefits of hot stone therapy include: alleviates stress, releases toxins, promotes deep muscle and tissue release, improves circulation, relieves pain and calms the psyche. It may also help to relieve conditions such as: muscular aches and pains, MS, back pain, arthritis, depression, fibromyalgia, insomnia and circulatory problems.
- Reflexology is a type of bodywork that focuses on applying pressure to the specific nerve zones in your feet. Unlike other foot massages that intend to mostly relieve tension in the feet themselves, reflexology is a far more in-depth science that aims to harmonize your entire body. According to reflexology, every part of the human body is mapped into the feet. Reflexology treatments have been found to be highly effective for conditions such as allergies, headaches, and depression.
- Combination Massage is the ultimate stress reliever. A client will relax throughout this experience while nerves loosen up. The stress will subside and you will have a better outlook when the session has concluded. Although, it is considered erotic and tickles the senses. It can offer a release from physical pains, like aching muscles, knotted nerves, hurting joints and release from emotional troubles, as well. It is one of the best massages to release every frustration and everyday's life burdens and another method of communication which can often be used without the need for words. It is also beneficial to the mind, body and soul which can provide relief from the effects of contracted ailments, injuries or diseases. This is a guarantee method in improving your intimacy life.
- Couple massage is a great way to introduce a partner who has never gotten a massage before in a way that makes them feel more comfortable the first time. It is a great feeling to have you and a special love one relax together. You can choose any modalities that is customize for you and your partner. It can also be a good choice if you're traveling with someone you don't get to see often enough -- a sister, girlfriend, mom or best friends -- and you want to spend as much time together as possible. Keep in mind that you as a couple will have a nice relaxing day or night together from a great massage. This is a great gift for newly weds and anniversary celebration, etc.
- Geriatric massage is a very light Swedish massage for the elderly and beneficial for a number of conditions, including poor posture, which results from muscle tension and improves muscle tone and has a positive impact on muscle strength and coordination. This results in improved stability, which in turn helps to reduce the occurrence of injuries due to falls arising from loss of balance. A gentle massage performed in regular intervals can reduce the need for prescription sleeping aids. The power that therapeutic touch has on the emotional state of the client is undeniable.
- Chair massage can do wonders for your body, your mental state and your sense of well-being and happiness. This is one of the easier method in getting a massage without taking off your clothes and it feels just as good as being on the massage table. The benefits of a chair massage are to boosts energy, alertness, and productivity, increases circulation, helps prevent repetitive-stress injuries, relaxes and rejuvenates and relieves emotional stress. Chair massage can bring a breath of fresh air into busy trade shows, company parties, weddings, or anywhere people can use a little relaxation. This is a great gift for employees, trade shows and special events.
- Pampering Parties are great for Birthdays, Ladies Spa Day, Corporate Functions, Charity Events, Home Pampering, Fundraisers, Bachelors and Bachelorettes Party, Formals, Office Parties and Baby Showers, etc. What better way to have a party where everyone can relax and have fun at the same time. This is a true treat for all of your guests.